Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fun and Games at the ER

I spent 7 hours yesterday with Nate and Mama at the ER. I have never had to sit at the ER for that long. We spent 4 hours in the lobby and 3 hours in a closet they laughingly called an exam room.

Poor Nate was in so much pain. He could barley walk. When they finally got around to him I got to watch them cut into his knee. At one point he actually passed out on the table. That was rough on me. It is hard to see him like that.

When we finally get out of there we are all starving. Grab something to eat then head to Wal-Mart to get his prescriptions filled. When we get there Mama realizes they put the wrong name sticker on his prescription. Thank goodness the pharmacist was a jewel. She called the hospital and got it all sorted out.

He is doing much better now. They gave him really good drugs and antibiotics. Still having a little trouble walking, but the swelling has gone down quite a bit.

At least the other patients waiting to be seen were entertaining for the most part. It is amazing how people will bond sitting in an ER waiting room together.

I did not even get home in time to see Chuck off to work. Poor thing had to fix his own lunch. My poor hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment